The Amprobe WT-30 Salinity Pen-type Water Quality Meter measures the salinity and temperature of water, and is used to troubleshoot corrosion and to test water in wastewater treatment facilities, labs, pools, aquariums, car washes, and aquaculture. The dual-display LCD screen simultaneously displays salinity and temperature, and dual-scale temperature readings in F and C are user-selectable. The meter has a built-in NaCL temperature coefficient and TDS conversion factor. One-touch auto-calibration provides for in-field calibration. Normalization is fixed at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C).
The hold function saves the reading for recording. The auto power off feature turns the meter off after 20 minutes, and can be disabled for readings that require more time. The meter has a replaceable pH electrode, requires four A76 or LR44 batteries (included), and includes instructions.
|Salinity range||0.00 to 10.00 and 10.1 to 70.0 ppt|
|Resolution||0.01 or 0.1 ppt|
|Accuracy||+ or – (1 percent of full scale) + or – 1 digit|
|Temperature compensation||32 to 122 degrees F (0 to 50 degrees C)|
|Dimensions||6.5 x 1.4 x 1.3 inches (165 x 35 x 32 mm) (H x W x D)|
|Weight||Approximately 0.12 lb. (56g)|
|Standards||Ingress Protection (IP)-65 for water- and dustproof body|
H is height, the vertical distance from lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Salinity and sodium content measurement instruments are commonly used by researchers, manufacturers, and individuals to measure salt and sodium levels of a substance.
Amprobe manufactures electrical testing equipment for commercial, industrial, and home use. The company was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Everett, WA.
What’s in the Box?
- WT-30 salinity meter
- LR44 battery (4)
- Pen-type water-quality meter measures salinity and is used to monitor regulatory compliance and to troubleshoot corrosion in building water and wastewater systems
- Displays salinity from 0.00 to 10.00, 10.1 to 70.0 ppt of sodium chloride (NaCL), with a resolution of 0.01 or 0.1 ppt
- LCD dual-display shows salinity and temperature (selectable F and C)
- Built-in NaCL temperature coefficient and conductivity to TDS conversion factor
- Complies with Ingress Protection (IP)-65 rating for water- and dustproof housing