This model can be used for measuring the freezing point of either propylene or ethylene glycol based cooling systems. It can also be used for checking the strength of electrolyte solution batteries. This precision instrument features high-quality optics with ultra smooth focusing. Scale range: 32 Degree F to -60 Degree F. The Hand Refractometer is a portable, precision optical instrument used for measuring the freeze point of engine coolant and the operation state of battery charging liquid. It is used on transportation vehicles, such as cars, tractors, tanks, ships, etc., which use propylene or ethylene glycol for coolant and sulphuric acid for charging liquid. When a liquid (such as coolant or charging liquid) is placed on the prism, the light passing through it is bent. The more concentrated the liquid, the more the light will bend. The refractometer contains a reticle, or scale, that is enlarged through the eyepiece to measure this bent light. The values of the scale have been established to evaluate the coolant or charging liquid.
- For measurement of ethylene and propylene glycol and brake fluid
- Scale range: 32 Degree F to -60 Degree F
- Used on transportation vehicles such as cars tractors tanks ships
- Can also be used for checking the strength of electrolyte solution batteries
- Automatic Temperature Compensation