The most Harsch like crock on the market. K&K Keramik is well known for a variety of beautiful hand-made pottery and rum pots. K&K also makes Gartopf Fermenting Crocks with the same high quality standards and beauty. These From 1 Kerazo” fermenting pots are hand crafted, made in Germany, designed in the 100 year old traditional tubular shape with side handles and come complete with pot, lid, weighing stones, and recipe book. This crock is very attractive, sturdy, easy to use and quite functional. Make natural nutrition-packed sauerkraut and pickled vegetables with this stoneware crock pot from Germany! Through the years, sauerkraut has been recognized as one of the healthiest foods, and was even used on sailing ships to protect sailors from scurvy. Natural lactic acid fermentation is one of the oldest and healthiest means of food preservation. It allows natural, beneficial bacteria to perform a fermentation process in which vegetables develop a pleasantly sour taste and remain rich in vitamins and minerals. Lactic acid fermentation is the only method of preservation that retains all the natural plant ingredients while improving the quality, taste and aroma.
- High quality German hand-made ceramic ~Fired at 1260 C ~Free of Lead and Cadmium
- Deep gully (2.75 inch) – allows expelling of gas; prevents entry of insects, dust and air
- Handles on two sides for ease of lifting and transporting; 5L Generally for 1-3 People
- Interspersed dark brown and lighter brown coloring with smooth, shiny finish
- K & K Gärtopf bodies are formed in a single piece – Thick .6″ (1.5cm) base walls .4″